Saturday, June 11, 2011

Road Trip! First Stop: Augusta, GA for a Weekend of Tennis

The Road

The Sirens of old
Captured their men
With honey-dripped voices
And beauty no end.

At first just a whisper
Across the seas
The Siren's Song drew them
With greatest of ease.

The Road is my Siren
That calls to me so
Deep in my dreams
And tells me to go.

She sings to me softly
Of places to see
Of cities to visit
And surprises for me.

I awake with a start
Not knowing quite why
Forgetting the voice
With a gleam in her eye.

But suddenly thoughts
Begin to form
Of trips untaken
And journeys unborn.

Vegas with friends!
Or New Orleans, LA
There's always Bahamas
Or Boston, MA.

The Road she has called
And I must obey
"Fill up the tank
And be on your way".

So off to New Orleans
To experiences unknown
For the Road will reveal
What seeds she has sown.

And as Day One
Draws to an end
I give a slight nod
To the Road, my dear friend.

1 comment:

Dee and Tory said...

Weezy, you adventurer! Beautiful written my brother from the same mother!