Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jobs, Tourism, Email, Food

Had to do the tourist thing.  There was a guy singing gospel songs outside.  Good fun!

Beignet's: Fried dough with powdered sugar (I only ate 2 of 'em; maybe a little of the 3rd)
Here's a poem about the unexpected engine troubles that came up in Montgomery, AL.  Car is now running A-OK, by the way.

The Life Unknown

The best-laid plans
Of mice and men
Are torn apart
Time and again.

But we must take
Each passing change
An act of fate
We must arrange.

To take the bad
And make it good
And relish life
As if you could.

For life gives not
A future known
But one that's all
A sight unshown.

It's up to us
To make the best
Of what life gives
And take the rest.

So if your car
Starts to sputter
And in a fit
You start to utter.

"Oh Holy Cow
What do I do?
It looks as though
My car is through!"

But don't despair
For life is kind
And finds silver
In every line.

The life unknown
Is life at last
The flame in us
That burns so fast.

So take each step
That life imparts
Embrace the mystery
Into our hearts.

And raise a glass
To what life brings
And try to smile
In spite of things.

That's what we learn
From life, you know
To make the best
Of what we sow.

For after all
The troubles seen
I'm still right where
I should've been.

by T. L. Cox

Cajun-grilled catfish stuffed with crabmeat, paired with shrimp
and angel-hair pasta in a creamy creole sauce.  Yummy!!
I met a former co-worker at New Orleans Food & Spirits on the shore of Lake Pontchartrain.  Forrest used to work with me in Virginia.  He is a true Loozzianna boy, raising his family in his home state and loving every minute of it.  The restaurant was just a casual barn-shack building, with a standard bar and dining table inside.  The food was so fresh and tasty.  The catfish was blackened but not overwhelmingly so.  I wish I had a better camera!  I will work on that.

No comments: